Abundant Life is a diverse community with people from many walks of life, and almost anyone can find a niche in our family. But it can be intimidating visiting a new church; we understand that.
Here are a few things you might want to know before you come for the first time.
- We are a large church for our area; about 500 adults attend on any given Sunday, spread out among two services at 9 and 11. Services are 75 to 90 minutes long.
- Don’t worry about what to wear. We don’t have dress code; it’s most important that you’re comfortable. You’ll see men and women in anything from jeans and T-shirts to “Sunday best.” If you’re still concerned, it’s a safe bet to go with business casual.
- We’re friendly and ready to greet you and help you find your way around. We’ve got a team of people trained to answer questions and help you get comfortable on your first day. They’ll ask you to fill out a card that lets us know you were here and offer you a welcome packet.
- We offer full kids’ programs for 6 weeks through high school. Please allow a few extra minutes before the beginning of service to check your children into their classes. If you have a newborn or simply prefer to sit as a family, that’s fine, too. Kids of all ages are welcome at all of our services. The back rows are reserved for parents with small children just in case you need to step out. We also keep a supply of “wiggle bags” on hand with coloring pages and activities for those who have a little too much energy to sit for the whole service. Please feel free to bring quiet toys or activities from home, too.
- On the first Sunday of each month services include communion. We also provide name tags on the first Sunday to help us all get to know one another better.
During the Service
- Our worship music is mostly upbeat and contemporary, peppered with a few hymns and familiar favorites. People will often stand for worship, and you’ll probably see at least a few people with their hands raised.
- The offering plate will be passed at each service. We teach the importance of giving back to the Lord; it’s all His to start with, after all. If you’re a visitor with us, please feel free to let the plate go by you. If, however, you consider Abundant Life to be your home church, please prayerfully consider giving of your time, talent and treasure as God calls you.
- The teachings are dynamic and often include media presentations. Pastor Steve Wexler is our senior pastor and main speaker, and he is supported by a staff of other talented pastors and teachers.
- There may be a call for prayer or ministry. If this occurs, the pastor will give instructions for those who wish to receive special ministry. It may include raising a hand, standing, or coming to the front. The congregation may be asked to close their eyes for privacy.
We hope you enjoy your first visit with us. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office. We’re here to serve!