Welcome to the Solid Marriage Challenge! Take the challenge, enjoy the growth, and love your spouse along the way. The Solid Marriage Challenge is all about encouraging you to invest in your marriage. The return on this investment will be priceless! Join the challenge below.
Print two Solid Marriage Challenge Tracking Sheets (one for you, one for your spouse) to document your progress.
If you accomplish the following tasks in the time allotted you will receive a congratulatory award from the church.
First Foundation Tasks: Individually live out the core values of R.I.S.C.
• Have at least 20 personal devotion times with Jesus (for at least 15
minutes) over the course of a month. Click here to learn one way to do this.
• Read through the New Testament and the Song of Solomon. Download a reading plan.
• Serve your spouse in a surprising way at least once a week for 6 weeks.
• Honor your commitment to your marriage by praying for your spouse at
least 20 times over the course of a month.
Second Foundation Tasks: Have a Marriage Appointment once a week
• Have a marriage appointment once a week for 12 weeks in a row. Click here to learn how.
• View the video of couples doing a marriage appointment. (Coming soon!)
• Optional: Use the Topic of the Week to spice up your marriage appointments.
Third Foundation Task: Attend at least 1 Marriage Seminar a Year
• Attend a marriage seminar this year.
Fourth Foundation Task: Read the Books Everyone Should Read about Marriage
• Read at least 2 of the books everyone should read about marriage from cover to cover. Click here to see a list of options.
Fifth Foundation Task: Have a Date Night once a Month
• Go on a date once a month for at least 3 months in a row. Click here to see some ideas.
Sixth Foundation Task: Be in community with other healthy Couples
• Attend a community group as a couple, twice a month, for at least 3 months. Click here to find a group.